faye-waterhouse

Lemon Drizzle Cake Recipe

Who doesn’t like this classic cake? This fail-safe recipe works for the beginner or the Mary Berry’s among us. The cake should be moist with a sharp tang. Easy to make but even easier to eat! Ingredients   200g butter 200g golden caster sugar 3 eggs 50g plain flour (sieved) 125g ground almonds  2 lemons […]

Who doesn’t like this classic cake? This fail-safe recipe works for the beginner or the Mary Berry’s among us. The cake should be moist with a sharp tang. Easy to make but even easier to eat!

Ingredients

• 200g butter
  • 200g golden caster sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 50g plain flour (sieved)
  • 125g ground almonds
  •  2 lemons
  • 5-6 tablespoons of icing sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius line a 20 inch cake tin with baking parchment.

1. Whisk the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (might be worth melting the butter slightly beforehand to avoid getting sugar everywhere!)

1. Whisk the eggs in one at a time.

1. Add in the ground almonds, sieved plain flour and the lemon zest of both lemons.

1. Bake for 35 minutes.

1. Leave the cake in the tin and stab it (not as brutally as that sounds) to make 15 holes and pour in the juice of 1 lemon. Leave to cool.

1. Stir icing sugar and the juice of the other lemon together to make the light layer of icing and smooth on top. Best shared with your favourite people!

Cooking a week of TikTok recipes on a student budget

Cooking inspiration can be hard to come by as a busy student, which is why I tried out a week’s worth of TikTok recipes to see if exciting meals could be achieved on a student budget

TikTok and Teatox: Why social media is sucking the joy out of food

From ‘What I Eat in a Day’ videos to fad diet trends, social media’s rampant championing of toxic diet culture needs to stop

Margarita Month at Zouk: All style, less substance

Zouk is offering a trio of Margaritas this February to celebrate Margarita Month; yet it seems like all the thought was put into presentation, and less into the drink itself

Flight Club: Margarita Month with a twist

We headed to Flight Club to try their special cocktails in honour of Margarita Month, from Mango Margs to Spicy Picantes