joanne-procter
22nd February 2014

Butternut squash, chicken and feta salad

A healthy salad that is also filling and satisfying is a fine thing indeed

Ingredients

1 small butternut squash, chopped into 4cm square chunks

4 tablespoons of olive oil

2 chicken breasts cut into strips

2 teaspoons of paprika

2 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce

75 grams of feta cheese

A couple of handfuls of fresh spinach

A handful pea shoots

A handful of pumpkin seeds

Sumptuous salad by Joanne Procter

Method

1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (180 for a fan oven). Line a baking tray with foil, and toss the butternut squash chunks in 3 tbsp of olive oil, place on the tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Check on them after about 15 minutes and toss them about a bit. Once tender to the point of a knife, take out of the oven and leave to cool.

2. Whilst that’s happening, coat the chicken in the paprika. Heat up the remaining tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, and then fry the chicken until cooked through. Once it’s cooked, take the pan off the heat, and add the sweet chilli sauce. Coat the chicken in it fully, then leave to cool in the pan.

3. Place the spinach and pea shoots into a serving bowl, and add the cooled squash and chicken.

4. Reheat the frying pan you just used for the chicken, and add the pumpkin seeds. Heat gently until they start to pop, then add to the rest of the ingredients in the serving bowl.

5. Finally top off with the feta, and serve!

TikTok and Teatox: Why social media is sucking the joy out of food

From ‘What I Eat in a Day’ videos to fad diet trends, social media’s rampant championing of toxic diet culture needs to stop

Margarita Month at Zouk: All style, less substance

Zouk is offering a trio of Margaritas this February to celebrate Margarita Month; yet it seems like all the thought was put into presentation, and less into the drink itself

Flight Club: Margarita Month with a twist

We headed to Flight Club to try their special cocktails in honour of Margarita Month, from Mango Margs to Spicy Picantes

The concept of small plate dining

Tapas, dim sum, chaat, meze, banchan and more!