music

Preview: RBMA presents DJ Harvey

DJ Harvey is in town on 24th October

The legendary DJ Harvey is set to play the Albert Hall on Friday 24th October as part of a Red Bull Music Academy tour.

As an originator of the influential and exciting Black Cock label, Harvey is one of the finest names in disco. Expect to be treated to a highly danceable and euphoric set in one of Manchester’s most special venues. The Albert Hall is a Grade II listed building, not your average club.

The renowned selector is a Mancunion favourite, having received rave write ups in our Bestival and Dekmantel reviews this Summer. Don’t miss out on a chance to see this master in action.

Tickets are priced at tiers of £18/£20/£22.50 and are on sale now here.

You can read a feature we ran on RBMA earlier this year here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6BEMzVhhIc

Live at Leeds in the Park preview: Ringing in the north’s festival season

Live at Leeds returns once again for 2024 – find out all you need to know here!

Adrianne Lenker live in Manchester: Beauty in simplicity from a generational talent

Big Thief frontperson Adrianne Lenker brought her solo show to Castlefield’s Aviva Studios, gifting the audience simple snippets of grace and serenity

Bleachers live in Manchester: Fan-centric show from the studio to the stage

The Jack Antonoff-fronted six-piece, Bleachers, break the fourth wall at their Manchester O2 Ritz show equipped with theatric production but packed with earnest, artist to audience interactions

The Pleasure Dome present ‘Liminal Space’: A surprisingly varied punk rock powerhouse

Bristolian rockers The Pleasure Dome return with their newest EP ‘Liminal Space’ to demonstrate their musical versatility