The final nail in the coffin

Chloe Collingwood gives us her pick of the most bewitching Halloween manicures

This Halloween delve into your nail varnish box to get creative with some cute-not-creepy seasonal nails. Here are five of our favourite super-easy designs to get you ready for Halloween.

The Perfect Pumpkin (pictured above)

Simply add an orange base and then use a toothpick to paint on the pumpkin face with triangles.

The Super Skull and Crossbones

Photo: evil.girl666 @Flickr

Add a black base and again use a toothpick or small brush to paint your white skull face and bones.

The Frankenstein

Photo: tatievangelista @Flickr

Use any shade of green as a base coat and simply paint on your eyes and stitches with a toothpick.

The Wicked Witch

Photo: jenniferl @Flickr

Use this Halloween as your excuse to jump on board the pointy nail aesthetic trend. Don’t want to cut or file a thing? Simply add a base of nude, then add tape from each side of your nail, meeting in the middle to create a triangle, and then fill with any dark colour. Wait to dry then simply remove the tape to give a witchy nail illusion.

The Daring Drip

Photo: lauracollop@Flickr

Add a nude base then use any dark shade to bring from top down to the middle of the nail to create a dripping effect.

Celebrity style guide #7: Lewis Hamilton

Not everyone would look to the Formula 1 paddock for style inspiration, but luckily our editors have some insight from Lewis Hamilton to help you elevate your wardrobe

3D nails: Achieving new heights in beauty

Does the rise of 3D nail art in the wake of the ‘clean girl’ beauty era signal the resurgence of maximalism? Where did the 3D nail trend begin and where can you get your own unique set?