Pub of the Week: The Dog and Patridge

Sam Joyce and Charlie Filmer-Court review East Didsbury’s The Dog and Partridge—a quaint pub with a fantastic atmosphere

The Dog and Partridge is our idea of everything that a perfect pub should be. So similar is it to a countryside tavern that you might believe East Didsbury was actually a village (if it wasn’t for the magic buses whizzing past the window!). A far cry from Koh Tao, its dark wooden panelling and cosy atmosphere make it an ideal place to settle in for six or seven pints on a Sunday. The place is known for its pies and deli boards, whilst for the skint they keep a big barrel of free nuts in the corner. The clincher for us is a colossal pile of board games next to the quiz machine, perfect for those who like to Scrabble whilst they drink their pint.

Drinks: Amstel and Timothy Taylor Landlord on tap, plus a constantly changing selection of guest ales, currently (Silver Owl Pale Ale and Tribute). Cheapest pint: Adnams Southwold bitter at £2.55.
What’s on: Quiz night on a Monday with £100 cash prize, regular live sports, with live music on selected nights.
Getting there: 142 towards East Didsbury or 10-minute cycle down Wilmslow Road.

https://www.facebook.com/thedogandpartridgedidsbury

Behold the Bottomless Feast at Red’s True BBQ

Get legless and stuffed, at Red’s True Barbecue’s festive Bottomless Feast with both Meat-Lover and Meat-Free platters on offer!

Soy to the World! The Vegan Christmas Markets are here

A review of the Northern Vegan Christmas Markets that brought environmentally and animal-friendly festive cheer to all visitors

Manchester’s finest festive feasts

From New Century to Escape to Freight Island, FOLK to Reds True Barbeque, we’ve got all your festive food needs covered!

Coffee shops return with a latte new festive drinks

With so many festive additions, which menus will make you frappé this Christmas?