josephine-harrington

Recipe: Chorizo and Harissa Couscous

Josephine Harrington offers her easy-to-make (and quick) recipe for Chorizo and Harissa couscous
Recipe: Chorizo and Harissa Couscous
Photo: The Mancunion

This recipe for chorizo and harissa couscous is seriously quick food, the whole thing done in under 15 minutes. This dish would make a fantastic quick lunch between lectures or after a hard day of essay writing!

Preparation time: 15 minutes

Ingredients: 

– Chorizo

– Onion

– Clove of crushed garlic

– Oil

– 1 tsp of harissa

– Couscous

– Frozen spinach (optional)

Method:

Start by peeling the skin off the chorizo and cut into half circles, cook in a heavy based sauce pan on a medium-high heat. Add a slice onion and a clove of crushed garlic and cook for a couple of minutes in all oil of the chorizo. Once soft, add a tsp of harissa and then add couscous and cover with water on a low heat. Also add frozen spinach, stir fairly frequently and couscous should take less than five minutes.

‘A Sunday Well Spent’ with Gino

‘A Sunday Well Spent’ with Gino

‘A Sunday Well Spent’ at INNSiDE Manchester by Melia includes a luxurious meal at First Street Bar and Kitchen.
Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Don’t miss out on trying Yotel’s new and affordable cocktail supporting LGBTQ+ charity Switchboard this June!
Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Izzy Langhamer takes a look at NAM’s new menu, Vietnamese food at the heart of the city’s food scene
Hello Oriental: Oxford Road’s newest addition

Hannah Wellock reviews Hello Oriental, the new bakery, restaurant and oriental food shop on Oxford Road, part of Circle Square.