shaun-carter

MA Creative Writing Anthology teaser

Manchester is a City of creative talent. You’re thinking of Morrissey, of Steve Coogan, and of the Gallagher brothers. You might also be thinking of Michelle Keegan, and Max from the Wanted. Intimidating, I know. Well, did you know that the University of Manchester teaches an MA in Creative Writing? In between the absinthe and […]

Manchester is a City of creative talent. You’re thinking of Morrissey, of Steve Coogan, and of the Gallagher brothers. You might also be thinking of Michelle Keegan, and Max from the Wanted. Intimidating, I know. Well, did you know that the University of Manchester teaches an MA in Creative Writing?

In between the absinthe and existential crises, the class of 2016 are putting together an Anthology of their work. Late in the summer, there will be a collection of extracts from all of these upcoming poets and fiction writers, bound together in a lovely print book with cover art and author photographs; what’s more, the anthology will be offered to a readership of agents, ever seeking new talent.

On September 8th, there will also be a launch night. More details will follow soon, but it will be amazing.

Who knows, you might get to read the work of the next E.L. James, or one day, with luck and hard work, Katie Price? Don’t miss it.

Live review: Madvillainy Reimagined

Fearing a bittersweet tribute act, ‘Madvillainy: reimagined’ instead offered a refreshing and charismatic live experience in Manchester’s Blues Kitchen.

Album Review: The Lemon Twigs – Everything Harmony

Brian and Michael D’Addario’s The Lemon Twigs release the unpredictable Everything Harmony, the fourth record for the New York band.

SeXion Introduction!

We’re launching the Mancunion’s newest section about all things sex and relationships – an inclusive space for all bodies and genders

Female Contraception: Not as attractive as it should be

Female contraception is not without its downsides. Read on to see which could be a good option for you!