• “Make coppin’ a feel a habit of a lifetime”

hannah-casey
3rd November 2016

“Make coppin’ a feel a habit of a lifetime”

CoppaFeel! are on a mission to get students coppin’ a feel and getting to know their boobs

‘CoppaFeel!’ is a breast cancer awareness charity on a mission to get you to check your boobs regularly.  They campaign to increase cases of early detection, as this means better treatment options and higher survival rates. It exists to challenge the perception that Breast Cancer is an older persons disease, as their founder, Kris Hallenga, discovered the hard way.

Photo: CoppaFeel!

At age 23 Kris was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer, which is what it’s called when cancerous cells spread around your body. In Kris’ case the cancer had found a home in her spine, meaning that it was — and is — incurable.

The campaign explains that “as a carefree twenty-something, a bombshell like cancer was not something she’d bargained for, in fact breast cancer was firmly not on Kris’ radar. Or most young people’s. So she decided to do something about it. Three months later she founded CoppaFeel!”

Since 2009 ‘CoppaFeel!’ Have been taking their message out to schools, universities and festivals across the country.

In Manchester, there is a dedicated Uni Boob Team (UBT) who are on a mission to get students coppin’ a feel and getting to know what their ‘normal’ feels like.

They stress that “getting to know your boobs is fundamental in identifying the early symptoms of breast cancer”.

Photo: CoppaFeel!

To help remind you the Coppafeel team will send you a free monthly text which tells you when it is is time to check your boobs. All you need to do is text “UBTMCR” to 70 500 to start receiving your free monthly boob texts*.

October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so the Manchester UBT were busy raising funds and awareness for ‘CoppaFeel!’. The UBT want to get students in Manchester thinking and talking about their boobs. To kick off campaigning for last month students across the University donated clothes for our CarBoob Sale at Koh Tao. If you missed it then they still have a whole host of other events for you to get involved in throughout the rest of the year.

The campaign stress that while “breast cancer may be a serious subject” their “approach to raising awareness is not.”

You can keep up to date with all the events that the UBT are running throughout the year on their Facebook page or get in touch via [email protected]

*Text the above code to 70500 to receive a free* monthly SMS reminder to check your boobs.

*Standard network rates apply for the sign up text. Everything we send you is free after that. Promise. By providing your number your agree to us texting you once a month reminding you to check your boobs. Receiving our texts is free. You can stop the service at any time by texting STOP to 70500 (Standard network rates apply) or by emailing us on [email protected] with your name and mobile telephone number. Full terms

Photo: CoppaFeel!

Was there life on Mars?

New data provides further evidence for liquid water on Mars. Maybe we aren’t alone in the Solar System after all?