· 1 chicken breast
· 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
· 3 tbsp each of grated fresh ginger and finely chopped garlic
· 1 tsp Chinese five spice
· ½ tbsp runny honey
· Zest of 1 lime
· 1 pack of egg noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
· 1 lemongrass stalk
· 1 red chilli
· ½ red onion finely sliced
· 1 spring onion
· Vegetables of choice, for example broccoli, sugarsnaps, bok choi and beansprouts
· 1 small bunch of fresh coriander with the leaves picked off and the stalks finely chopped
· Juice of 1 lime
· 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
1. Begin by finely slicing the chicken breast. Add 1 tbsp each of the fresh ginger and garlic, 1 tbsp of the soy sauce, the five spice, the honey and the zest of the lime into a bowl. Add the chicken to this mixture and leave to marinate for at least one hour.
2. Preheat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, chilli, spring onion, lemongrass, coriander stalks, and the remaining garlic and ginger and fry for 5 minutes, or until the onion and spring onion begin to soften.
3. Add the vegetables to this mixture, along with the remaining soy sauce. Fry these for approximately 2 minutes.
4. At this stage turn the heat up to high and, once the pan has begun to heat up, add the chicken pieces. Brown the chicken pieces on each side, but only until they are white instead of pink. It is important at this stage to not overcook the chicken pieces so do this for approximately 3 minutes only.
5. Add the stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and, once simmering, add the noodles. Cook this mixture for approximately 3 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are cooked but maintain a crunch.
6. Serve into a bowl and garnish with the chilli sauce, the juice of the lime and the coriander leaves.