hannah-brierley

Are You Coming Out? – The New LGBTQ Club Night

The University of Manchester LGBTQ Society has teamed up with Manchester Academy and the Students’ Union to put on a brand new LGBTQ+ Club Night!
Photo: The Mancunion

On the 28th February at Club Academy, The University of Manchester LGBTQ Society is celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month by putting on a club night to remember! They’ve teamed up with Manchester Academy and the University of Manchester Student’s Union to put on an all-inclusive, fully accessible event.

“We’ve had loads of events throughout February celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month as well as all identities and expressions within the LGBTQ+ community and we would now like to put on a night to continue the celebration of our freedom, history, rights and progress of acceptance within society.

We are redefining the LGBTQ+ space in Manchester as a fully accessible, diverse night for everyone regardless who you are or where you come from, we accept all. It’s safe and familiar environment to students as it’s in the heart of the University campus and with it being a student night — that’s open to everyone — there will be cheap drinks! (Non-alcoholic drinks can also be purchased)

It’s a party that allows everyone of all identities to come together and to completely and unreservedly be themselves in our Student’s Union. The club night is open to everyone, especially minority identities such as BME LGBTQ+ people; you don’t have to be a student to come, and allies are also welcome. Expect music from Rap and R&B to House, Pop and more! We have gender-neutral toilets and a chill-out space.

The LGBTQ Society recognises the need for a more diverse and accepting LGBTQ+ nightlife spaces and events, we hope that this night helps to achieve this goal! As with all events we put on, there will be a zero tolerance policy to drugs and also any form of discrimination including, racism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, etc.

We are applying to a wider audience, more than just the usual people who go on nights out, with the hope to have a night that becomes to be part of both the student and Manchester experience!”

TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW:

TICKETS ON SALE NOW FROM:
⭐️ SKIDDLE – skiddle.com/e/13130889
⭐️ MANCHESTER ACADEMY – po.st/i7XCuz
⭐️ OR BUY AT THE STUDENT’S UNION ‘ASK IT’ DESK TO AVOID PAYING BOOKING FEE!

https://www.facebook.com/events/163550491096462/

Fat White Family’s Lias Saoudi is circling around the Post-Punk cul-de-sac

Now that Fat White family have returned with ‘Forgiveness Is Yours’, lead-singer Lias Saoudi has a lot more to say about post-punk, lyricism, and being a Londoner

Peter Bibby – Drama King: A tragic and unpredictable opus

Infusing the classic songwriting of Dylan and Springsteen with Australian wit and dive bar narratives, Peter Bibby’s latest album constantly surprises

Tenacious D live in Manchester: The metal bring the fire

Jack Black’s rock-comedy project Tenacious D stopped off in Manchester on their ‘Spicy Meatball’ tour, performing to 20,000 fans at the AO Arena

Sour Grapes Records’ ‘Meltchester’: Mancunion music community at its finest

Manchester’s own Sour Grapes Records brings Meltchester to town again at Projekts Skatepark