hannah-brierley

Are You Coming Out? – The New LGBTQ Club Night

The University of Manchester LGBTQ Society has teamed up with Manchester Academy and the Students’ Union to put on a brand new LGBTQ+ Club Night!
Photo: The Mancunion

On the 28th February at Club Academy, The University of Manchester LGBTQ Society is celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month by putting on a club night to remember! They’ve teamed up with Manchester Academy and the University of Manchester Student’s Union to put on an all-inclusive, fully accessible event.

“We’ve had loads of events throughout February celebrating LGBTQ+ History Month as well as all identities and expressions within the LGBTQ+ community and we would now like to put on a night to continue the celebration of our freedom, history, rights and progress of acceptance within society.

We are redefining the LGBTQ+ space in Manchester as a fully accessible, diverse night for everyone regardless who you are or where you come from, we accept all. It’s safe and familiar environment to students as it’s in the heart of the University campus and with it being a student night — that’s open to everyone — there will be cheap drinks! (Non-alcoholic drinks can also be purchased)

It’s a party that allows everyone of all identities to come together and to completely and unreservedly be themselves in our Student’s Union. The club night is open to everyone, especially minority identities such as BME LGBTQ+ people; you don’t have to be a student to come, and allies are also welcome. Expect music from Rap and R&B to House, Pop and more! We have gender-neutral toilets and a chill-out space.

The LGBTQ Society recognises the need for a more diverse and accepting LGBTQ+ nightlife spaces and events, we hope that this night helps to achieve this goal! As with all events we put on, there will be a zero tolerance policy to drugs and also any form of discrimination including, racism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, etc.

We are applying to a wider audience, more than just the usual people who go on nights out, with the hope to have a night that becomes to be part of both the student and Manchester experience!”

TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW:

TICKETS ON SALE NOW FROM:
⭐️ SKIDDLE – skiddle.com/e/13130889
⭐️ MANCHESTER ACADEMY – po.st/i7XCuz
⭐️ OR BUY AT THE STUDENT’S UNION ‘ASK IT’ DESK TO AVOID PAYING BOOKING FEE!

https://www.facebook.com/events/163550491096462/

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Live Review: Aitch at Club Academy

Mancunian rapper Aitch played an intimate album launch show, combining old favourites and new numbers for a sold out crowd.
Leeds Festival 2022: Women Rule Most Diverse Line-Up To Date

Leeds Festival invited six headliners: Arctic Monkeys, The 1975, Dave, Megan Thee Stallion, Halsey, and Bring Me The Horizon to perform to sold out crowds over the August bank holiday weekend.
All Points East 2022: Disclosure bring the dance party to London

The final weekend of All Points East brought out the sequins and glitter, resulting in a huge dance party in East London.
All Points East 2022: Tame Impala let down by shoddy sound

Headlining All Points East, Tame Impala were let down by shoddy sound despite fantastic performances from Montell Fish and FKJ.