daisy-tolcher

Northern Vegan Festival promises a feast of delicious food

Manchester’s biggest vegan festival is back!
Photo: Jenny Liddle

Following the massive success of their 2017 event, The Northern Vegan Festival is BACK this year. This year’s event will offer a range of vegan cuisine, inspirational talks, cookery classes and much much more.

The food on offer will include a varied selection of plant-based dishes from around the world, including Asian, Indian and Greek cuisine. There will even be an eclectic array of raw dishes, gourmet dishes and street food dishes to sample. Similar to last year, there will be plenty of free samples to try so you can have a taste of everything!

Photo: Jenny Liddle
Photo: Jenny Liddle

If vegan food is not your thing, the festival will also feature a great selection of stalls selling a wide variety of goods including vegan fashion, beauty and skincare products. As well as stalls to look around there will be live music, workshops and live cookery demonstrations to keep you entertained all day.

Festival Organiser Victoria Bryceson says: “with the vegan lifestyle really starting to go mainstream there’s a massive demand for vegan-friendly events. The Northern Vegan Festival is set to be a fantastic day out whether you’re vegetarian, vegan, or simply vegan-curious. The idea behind the festival is to educate and inform everyone about the vegan lifestyle and offer support to anybody who would like it.”

Photo: Jenny Liddle
Photo: Jenny Liddle

And for those of you who are considering getting involved in volunteering or are looking for a future career in charity work, Victoria says the festival is the perfect place for you.

“There will be several animal welfare charity stalls raising awareness of their causes. For anybody who would like to get involved with volunteering this is an ideal place to talk to lots of different charities and gather information, and all the stall holders are happy to talk to people and answer any questions.”

The Northern Vegan Festival takes place on 7th April 2018 between 10:30 am and 5:00 pm at Manchester Central, Windmill Street, M2 3GX.

Entry is £5 payable on the day on the door — 100 per cent of the ticket money goes to animal welfare charities as the festival is fully volunteer run — or £15 for advance fast track tickets to include a goody bag packed full of products, samples, discounts and offers.

Get to know: Who is Professor Duncan Ivison?

Nancy Rothwell is stepping down – who exactly is her replacement?