talia-g-lee-skudder

Talita Von Furstenberg unveiled as her Grandmother DVF’s new muse

Talita Von Furstenberg’s appointment marks a new age in millennial fashion for the brand, writes Fashion and Beauty Editor Talia Lee-Skudder
Photo: 134295115@N03@Flickr

This season showcases the first collection since Jonathan Saunders departed as creative director of Diane Von Furstenberg and Nathan Jenden once again took over the role, having previously occupied it from 2001 to 2010. Before revealing the new collection, DVF announced through her Instagram page that her 18-year-old granddaughter would be her new muse.

Talita is now modelling the Fall 2018 collection, wearing the classic DVF prints and an updated version of the brand’s iconic wrap dress. Talita’s role as her grandmother’s new muse revitalizes the brand and makes it more current for the younger generation, showing that a wrap dress is not just for the elder women out there but can also be a super cool style for the millennials.

The seventies style geometric print jumpsuits are an example of clothing that can traverse generations. It can easily be worn dressed up with heels or worn casually and teamed with the hottest footwear of choice at the moment ― trainers.

By enlisting Talita as the face of the brand, the fashion house has successfully bridged the gap of two generations between working women and the millennials. Jenden has said that Talita, like her grandmother, embodies the spirit of the brand, and describes them both as ‘inspirational women across generations.’

It was also revealed that he and Talita are in talks for creating a TVF by DVF capsule collection, which, if it comes to fruition, will no doubt prove to be a major hit with millennials, especially if Talita is fronting the campaign.

Talita is now based in Washington where she is studying international relations at Georgetown. Speaking to Vogue, she said that whilst she is happy completing her studies, she definitely sees fashion in her future stating that design and styling really interest her. Her line TVF for DVF will able to be balanced alongside her University work.

When DVF made the announcement on her Instagram page she referred to Talita’s first experience in the fashion industry when she accompanied her grandmother and Jenden to the PITTI fair in Florence when she was just nine years old. With such a fabulous duo, it is inevitable that this new business venture will be a roaring success — it’s in their genes, after all.

Does Hailey Bieber’s Rhode phone case signal the death of the handbag?

Hailey Bieber’s latest release, a phone case specially designed to fit a lip product, is just the next step in the ever-shrinking bag trend of recent years. Does this signal the handbag’s ultimate demise?

Get to know Oddmuse: Aimee Smale on doing ‘what people aren’t expecting’

London-based slow-fashion brand Oddmuse took off over lockdown on TikTok and other social media platforms – I picked founder Aimee’s brain on how to break into the fashion industry and her future vision for Oddmuse