University of Manchester students travel as delegates to Bosnia, as the 20th anniversary of the end of the war nears
- » University degree not worth £9000, say 81 per cent of students
— Survey results are released as Labour’s shadow universities minister advocates free tertiary education
- » The Orange Grove to be converted into flats
— Concerns have been raised by Fallowfield locals over the proposal to turn The Orange Grove into flats
- » Exeter University Students up in arms over ‘impossible’ economics exam
— Economics students at the University of Exeter have complained that their exam was impossible and littered with spelling errors
- » Racial discrimination still exists in top universities
— A report by University of Manchester and Leeds Beckett academics has shown that black and minority ethnic students are less likely to get into Russell Group universities, even with similar school results to their white counterparts
- » Students to go to Mars to read books and leave behind “legacies”
— Three British students are in the running to become the first people to set foot on the Red Planet with Mars One, with 100 potential candidates left out of initially 200000 applicants
- » Celebrate the unsung #VoluntHero at the Union this week
— The Students' Union and University of Manchester have teamed up to deliver a week full of volunteering activities, this year aimed at shining the spotlight on unsung heroes.
Sports Editor Will Kelly reflects on the Munich Air Disaster
- » Debate: The FA Cup is dead.
— Andrew and Tom discuss the future of Football's most famous competition
- » Galacti-bores
— The Galacticos in Manchester proved to be nothing more than a financial honey-trap
- » Ice hockey bound for first-ever North West Varsity
— Manchester Universities' Ice Hockey Club is set to take on newcomers Liverpool John Moores University in a winner-take-all Varsity at Silverblades Widnes on 4th December.
- » The Imitation Game
— Despite popular opinion, more fans dosen't equate to greater success
- » Football Manager: More than just a game
— With the upcoming release of Football Manager 15, Andrew Georgeson discusses life as a keyboard manager
- » Interview: Mike Catt
— England’s 2003 World Cup winning legend, and current attacking coach, Mike Catt spoke to The Mancunion's Liam Kelly.
Lauren Wills explores the effect that the outspoken comedian and political commentator Russell Brand has had on the UK political sphere
- » What has instant information turned us into?
- » America and her rampant gun addiction
- » V for Valentine
- » Smoke ‘em Out?
Is it possible to become smarter, more focused and alert for a few hours from just taking a pill? Modafinil is just one of many study drugs that has been associated with these effects. But can it be beneficial to student life?
- » Reassembling the self: the art of schizophrenia
- » Students go to Brussels to fight against TTIP
- » Interview: T.F. Birch
- » On the inside of organ donation
The funniest things you've been saying around campus this week
- » From Manchester to Marrakech
- » Overheard at the University of Manchester, 16/2/15
- » We need to talk about: female masturbation
If you don't immediately head over to BBC iPlayer to watch Adam Curtis' documentary Bitter Lake after reading of Matthew Cole's profound experience with the piece, then you are clearly a Fox News subscriber
- » YCHTT: Has Film Reviewing Gone Too Far?
- » Cornerhouse Pick of the Week – Leviathan
- » Classic Review: Paths of Glory
James Thursfield discuss how E-Sports became recognised as a second-level Olympic Sport in Korea and what it reflects about the entertainment industry
- » The Console Retrospective – 2014
- » If on a Winter’s Night a Gamer
- » Mountain Dew Rising – Sunset Overdrive Review
Sportswear may be a big trend this season but often it is easy to lose sight of what is trendy and what is for training only. Contributor Kathryn Murray lends a helping hand for those left confused about when their new crop top is acceptable
- » Skirting around the issue
- » Introducing sports luxe
- » Ask Adrienne
Why Oscar Wilde's letter is the perfect reason why the 49000 men convicted of the 'gross indecency' law should be pardoned
- » Review: Hawaiian Shirts in the Electric Chair, by Scott Laudati
- » Untitled Short Story, by Moira James-Moore
- » Great Worqs