The NUS has pledged to facilitate student rent strikes to combat the 'exploitative' nature of university accommodation
- » Universities announce fees of over £9,000 before government approval
— Students about to begin their applications to go to university in 2017 may be faced with fees of more than the current £9,000 cap
- » ‘Running for their lives’: A Manchester student on the horrors of the Nice attack
— University of Manchester student Daniel Austin, on his year abroad in Nice, tells the horror of his experience of the attack on the Promenade des Anglais on Bastille Day, which left 85 dead and hundreds injured
- » UCL Cut The Rent achieves £1 million concession
— Following a five-month rent strike in protest of extortionate student accommodation, UCL students have secured promises of bursaries and rent freezes
- » Brexit begins to take its toll on British research
— The uncertainty surrounding Britain's status within the EU has led to research at British universities reportedly taking a hit only a fortnight after the referendum
- » Emma Atkins replaces Michael Spence as Education Officer
— After a "period of reflection" the 2015/16 officer stepped down and has been replaced by the second place candidate
- » Manchester graphene start-up wins Royal Society prize
— Former Manchester Ph.D. student Antonios Oikonomou has already won £50,000 through the Eli & Britt Harari competition to develop Eksagon
Football is back, and Manchester City have a new man at the helm. We preview their season ahead, looking at Manchester United and other competitors.
- » United Player Ratings: Manchester United vs Southampton
— Zlatlan brace and 8's all over as Manchester United took on Southampton for their first home game of the season.
- » Season Preview: Manchester United
— Manchester United have prepared well for the 2016/17 season, but how will things look on the pitch?
- » Manchester City 2-1 Sunderland
— Manchester City's opener of the season ended in a win for new manager Pep Guardiola.
- » Pep Guardiola’s First City Press Conference
— Pep Guardiola had his first City press conference on Friday—and it was magical
- » Assessing Manchester United’s transfer window so far
— Signings are coming and going, but how have Manchester United fared and what are the next steps?
- » What is Anthony Martial’s best position?
— The Frenchman is surely part of Jose Mourinho's plans - but where should he play on the pitch?
The summer has been dramatic, and has dropped most of the UK into uncertainty, universities and students included
- » The Conservatives need a new Iron Lady
- » Working and consuming away from progress
- » The taxing demands of being a leader
- » The difficulty with cultural appropriation
TEDxUniversity of Manchester returned with the theme of Infinite Possibilities on Saturday, with a host of inspirational and lauded speakers and live performers
- » “There are a lot of grey walls in this world: Why not paint them?”
- » Win £10,000 for your startup through Venture Further
- » Interview with an astronaut: Don Thomas
- » The bodies nobody cares about
Manchester has it all... Even a beach!
- » Project Parent: the inevitable embarrassment of graduation day
- » The Seven Study Sinners
- » The End of Days: Throwing a great graduation party
E3 2016 is less than two months away so it is time to start getting hyped up. Can Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony and the rest deliver some blow-out news that will make this years E3 the best in a long while?
- » Is hype everything?
- » Pokémon Red/Blue & Yellow – Retro Review
- » Where’s My Mommy? – Review