Mental Health Awareness Week is being kick started in Manchester from Friday 3rd October at the Owens Park balloon launch.
- » Government reforms will lead to even more unpaid student loans
— By Autumn 2015, restrictions on the number of student entries into universities will be removed
- » Labour’s Plans for Britain’s Future: Ed Miliband’s vision at the 2014 conference
— Helen Chapman reports from the Labour Party Conference 2014 in Deansgate where Ed Miliband's keynote speech proposes plans for Britain's future.
- » First Rule of Night Club
— 40 drunken brawlers caused havoc alongside Deansgate Locks in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
- » Top gay-friendly universities are revealed
— University provisions for lesbian, gay and bisexual students continue to improve, says Stonewall.
- » 19-year-old sexually assaulted after Pangaea
— A woman has been sexually assaulted after leaving the Rumble in the Jungle Pangaea event by a man who was posing as a taxi driver across from the Student's Union building.
- » Welcome to the Jungle!
— Vote to decide on Rumble in the Jungle's best solo fancy dress entries.
Follow all the action live from the 2014 North-West Varsity 2014.
- » Can’t get into a University team? Don’t sweat!
— There's a whole host of other leagues to get involved in
- » Comment: Nostalgia is a damaging force in football
— Andrew Georgeson discusses the damaging effect of 'arkin back within modern football.
- » There’s more to Manchester than United and City
— Liam Kelly looks ahead to an exciting year of sport in Manchester
- » Comment: UEFA must act soon
— With racism rife in the European game, UEFA and FIFA must make a stand.
- » Comment: Manchester United need a change in philosophy
— A break from the ‘Manchester United way’ is necessary to rebuild
- » No foiling around with Fencing
— One of the University of Manchester’s newest of competitive teams, the fencing team, have proven to be no pushovers. Entered into a national beginners’ competition,...
Andy van den Bent-Kelly sat down with the Professor of Natural History to discuss all things prehistoric
- » Politics and Students of Today
- » Check the Exec: Policies and Promises
- » How Accurate is Fresh Meat’s Portrayal of Student Life?
- » Interview: Jim Jefferies
With the release of the NUS Statistics that more than a third of students have suffered sexual harassment, Robert Firth takes a look at the problems surrounding the issue.
- » Why your best friend is keeping you single
- » Supermarket Sweep
- » Sexual health and sexual help at university
Since its launch on 9th September Destiny has received "mixed" reviews from the gaming press. Does Destiny's commercial success emphasise a shift in the balance of power within the gaming industry?
- » Review: Hohokum
- » Minecraft – The $2.5 Billion Cultural Phenomenon
- » The Year in Games: 2014
Autumn is finally here and it's time to say farewell to sweaty Summer nights which render it impossible to wear makeup and HELLO to oxblood lips, molten hues and Bardot-esque beauté. Here are the top looks set to sizzle as the chill sets in and the troops head back to Manchester. Nikki Patel.
- » Fashion Revolution: The 90s
- » Manchester Metamorphosis
- » Street style: Freshers’ special