Company reportedly makes millions for selling access to the personal details of university applicants
- » Angry Birds publisher backs Manchester students’ new ‘hype’ app
— App tells people 'most hyped' places to be on a night out
- » University prospectuses sub par says OFT
— The Office of Fair Trading finds no evidence of non-competitive practices at universities, but says they urgently need to improve the quality of information that applicants receive.
- » UMSU General Secretary slams Osborne’s budget
— The People's Assembly held an anti-budget demonstration in the city centre last Wednesday
- » Academics predict ‘voteless recovery’ for the Tories
— Current trends show economic recovery is not translating into public opinion, according to a group of academics blogging on Policy@Manchester
- » Four of the Sussex five let off with cautionary letter
— Despite the large total cost of £32,044 claimed by the university, four of the sussex five will receive an official University of Sussex warning letter and no further reprimand
- » Manchester Central Library re-opens
— The library's four year renovation is finally complete
Andrew Georgeson runs through the hardest football managers
- » Bets over Blade-Runner’s bullets
— Bookies Paddy Power cause online outrage after advertising bets for Oscar Pistorius's trial outcome
- » Should we allow a return to standing in English football stadia?
— YES- Thomas Turner I’m going to start this with a little game of Andrew Georgeson bingo. Get the full house, and the Mancunion Sport will...
- » Olympic dreams dashed for University alumni
— UK Sport withdraw funding for women’s water-polo, jeapordising trio’s Rio hopes
- » Khan he do it?
— Amir Khan has been voted fans’ favourite in an official online poll on who Floyd Mayweather’s next opponent will be
- » 2014: A year of sporting disasters waiting to happen
— Andrew Georgeson looks at the year ahead for sport
- » Water Polo: Making a splash
— Manchester defeat Sheffield Hallam 17-7 in a convincing attacking display
Bernadette Chapman argues that the reality of Genetically Modified crops in scarier than the science fiction
- » Will Hebden Bridge be the solution to London’s economic dominance?
- » My Political Hero: Tony Benn
- » The porn-filter is an affront to the idea of net neutrality
- » We’re all so charitable we ignore the need for charity
The Mancunion talks to i editor Oliver Duff on the future of journalism, being 'a crap gossip columnist' and how politicians can engage students
- » Inside Nightline
- » Interview: Bowel Cancer survivor Mark Davies
- » Interview: BBC reporter Jon Sopel
- » Interview – Raymond Tallis
Josephine Harrington shares with us her signature brownie cake; containing three types of chocolate it is sure to win over your friends on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
- » Review: The Oxford Road Burger Kitchen
- » Recipe: fishcakes and sweet chilli sauce
- » Restaurant review: SoLita