A pickpocket has been arrested after being found in Factory with eight mobile phones hidden down his trousers
- » SU presents: The Vagina Monologues
— Women's Campaign and the SU will stage the witty, outrageous play which gives voice to the female experience
- » Charlie Hebdo cartoon banned from Refreshers’ Fair
— The University of Manchester Students' Union has been accused of unfair censorship for disallowing the Charlie Hebdo front cover on Students' Union premises during the Refreshers' fair
- » Student activists learn from radical left Syriza Youth in Athens
— Union Education Officer and 20 others made the journey to Greece during the snap elections which saw socialist coalition Syriza take power in Athens
- » Man brandishing knife arrested outside Stopford Building
— A 32-year-old man has appeared before magistrates after being arrested and charged with possession of a bladed article outside the Stopford Building
- » We are Charlie Hebdo
— The Mancunion's statement on the shootings in Paris
- » Results of NUS delegates elections revealed
— Delegate election results reveal which students will go to a range of National Conferences to speak and vote on behalf of students at Manchester
Andrew and Tom discuss the future of Football's most famous competition
- » Galacti-bores
— The Galacticos in Manchester proved to be nothing more than a financial honey-trap
- » Ice hockey bound for first-ever North West Varsity
— Manchester Universities' Ice Hockey Club is set to take on newcomers Liverpool John Moores University in a winner-take-all Varsity at Silverblades Widnes on 4th December.
- » The Imitation Game
— Despite popular opinion, more fans dosen't equate to greater success
- » Football Manager: More than just a game
— With the upcoming release of Football Manager 15, Andrew Georgeson discusses life as a keyboard manager
- » Interview: Mike Catt
— England’s 2003 World Cup winning legend, and current attacking coach, Mike Catt spoke to The Mancunion's Liam Kelly.
- » Watch out! Fifa fail ethically yet again
— The latest corruption scandal involving Fifa shows how endemic a problem it is.
Guest contributor Dalal explains just how harmful 'Islamic' terrorism is for the Muslim community, and that the perpetrators of the Charlie Hebdo attacks do not, and cannot, represent Islam
- » Should we increase regulation of the press?
- » Does Christmas change as we age?
- » An Ode to Christmas 2014
- » Santa is real
Is it the ultimate betrayal or can it make you deal with things more maturely? Perisha Kudhail talks to Ben and Bella, who have very different views on the issue
- » Should you get a job whilst at university?
- » Humans of UoM: Ashamarina Uchida
- » The 5 Worst Things about Christmas
Stevie Wonderland’s second birthday is to be celebrated by hosting the first ever roller disco in Academy 1’s history, starring Parisian DJ Breakbot.
- » Album: Smashing Pumpkins – Monuments to an Elegy
- » Live: Cast
- » Preview: Bloc. Weekend
A quirky café/bar in the Northern Quarter opens its doors to a new galactic exhibition by Manchester artist, himHallows
- » Turner Prize 2014 Artists: Tris Vonna-Michell
- » What You Didn’t Know About Andy Warhol
- » Turner Prize 2014 Artists: James Richards
Books Editor Leonie Dunn looks over the Christmas Amazon boycott and focuses on why it is both a positive and negative action to take
- » Nobel Prize for Literature Winner 2014: Patrick Modiano
- » Chaos to Order: Manchester’s Central Library
- » Top 5 Books to Buy this Christmas