The funding will cover half the tuition fees for any masters course at the Business School
- » Working classes must ‘fit in’ to ‘middle class world’ to go to university, says government adviser
— Peter Brant claims acting middle class will encourage the working class to apply to top universities
- » Fallowfield caterer reaches Food and Farming final
— Deborah Kermath, head caterer at Ashburne Hall, has beaten thousands of contestants to reach the finals BBC Radio 4's Food and Farming Awards.
- » Salford student jailed for money laundering
— Business student Emmanuel Stephen Jack, conned eight women out of £186,000
- » Manchester archaeologists win national award
— Digging at Ice Age site 'Star Carr' captured public interest in a popular vote
- » Students show solidarity with lecturers’ marking boycott
— - Open letter to Dame Nancy Rothwell calls for fair pay for lecturers - Marking boycott to start 28th April
- » ‘Lost City’ Pangaea makes loss of £4,000
— Slow ticket sales and damages paid to the Union means festival loses money and now has smaller budget for Summer
Andrew Georgeson runs through the hardest football managers
- » Bets over Blade-Runner’s bullets
— Bookies Paddy Power cause online outrage after advertising bets for Oscar Pistorious's trial outcome
- » Should we allow a return to standing in English football stadia?
— YES- Thomas Turner I’m going to start this with a little game of Andrew Georgeson bingo. Get the full house, and the Mancunion Sport will...
- » Olympic dreams dashed for University alumni
— UK Sport withdraw funding for women’s water-polo, jeapordising trio’s Rio hopes
- » Khan he do it?
— Amir Khan has been voted fans’ favourite in an official online poll on who Floyd Mayweather’s next opponent will be
- » 2014: A year of sporting disasters waiting to happen
— Andrew Georgeson looks at the year ahead for sport
- » Water Polo: Making a splash
— Manchester defeat Sheffield Hallam 17-7 in a convincing attacking display
After a spate of human rights pages being deleted from Facebook, Lauren Gorton asks whether it is taking its history-making role seriously
- » I experienced Twitter abuse first hand
- » My Political Villain: Tony Blair
- » Trial by Twitter is harmful to justice
- » Russell Brand is wrong, apathy does not engender revolution
Show your support for Genesis – the UK’s only charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer. This Friday 7th March.
- » Would you sell your sole for the sake of fashion?
- » A day in the life of a Vogue intern
- » Get the look: Brigitte Bardot