Students about to begin their applications to go to university in 2017 may be faced with fees of more than the current £9,000 cap
- » ‘Running for their lives’: A Manchester student on the horrors of the Nice attack
— University of Manchester student Daniel Austin, on his year abroad in Nice, tells the horror of his experience of the attack on the Promenade des Anglais on Bastille Day, which left 85 dead and hundreds injured
- » UCL Cut The Rent achieves £1 million concession
— Following a five-month rent strike in protest of extortionate student accommodation, UCL students have secured promises of bursaries and rent freezes
- » Brexit begins to take its toll on British research
— The uncertainty surrounding Britain's status within the EU has led to research at British universities reportedly taking a hit only a fortnight after the referendum
- » Emma Atkins replaces Michael Spence as Education Officer
— After a "period of reflection" the 2015/16 officer stepped down and has been replaced by the second place candidate
- » Manchester graphene start-up wins Royal Society prize
— Former Manchester Ph.D. student Antonios Oikonomou has already won £50,000 through the Eli & Britt Harari competition to develop Eksagon
- » Mandelson officially takes up MMU Chancellorship
— "Lord of Darkness" Peter Mandelson began his term as the official figurehead of the university at the beginning of April this year
Pep Guardiola had his first City press conference on Friday—and it was magical
- » Assessing Manchester United’s transfer window so far
— Signings are coming and going, but how have Manchester United fared and what are the next steps?
- » What is Anthony Martial’s best position?
— The Frenchman is surely part of Jose Mourinho's plans - but where should he play on the pitch?
- » In the defence of Raheem Sterling
— With the whole country on the back of a very low 21 year old Raheem Sterling, is he not just a pair of shoes that needs some love?
- » Interview: Eddie Jones
— Will Kelly spoke to England Head Coach Eddie Jones on developing the future stars of England Rugby ahead of the U20 World Championships in Manchester
- » United victorious in the FA Cup Final
— Manchester United were victorious in Saturday's FA Cup Final—bringing home the trophy for the first time in twelve years
- » United Player Ratings: Manchester United vs Bournemouth
— In the last match of this Premier League season, how did Manchester United fare against Bournemouth?
Theresa May will be our next PM but must be more assertive and direct, like Thatcher, if she is to succeed at the country's helm
- » Working and consuming away from progress
- » The taxing demands of being a leader
- » The difficulty with cultural appropriation
- » Green spaces offer a calming respite from the city
TEDxUniversity of Manchester returned with the theme of Infinite Possibilities on Saturday, with a host of inspirational and lauded speakers and live performers
- » “There are a lot of grey walls in this world: Why not paint them?”
- » Win £10,000 for your startup through Venture Further
- » Interview with an astronaut: Don Thomas
- » The bodies nobody cares about
Manchester has it all... Even a beach!
- » Project Parent: the inevitable embarrassment of graduation day
- » The Seven Study Sinners
- » The End of Days: Throwing a great graduation party
E3 2016 is less than two months away so it is time to start getting hyped up. Can Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony and the rest deliver some blow-out news that will make this years E3 the best in a long while?
- » Is hype everything?
- » Pokémon Red/Blue & Yellow – Retro Review
- » Where’s My Mommy? – Review
Jack Blenkinsopp reviews The University of Manchester alumnus Alfie Bown's newest fast and witty critical theory novel, Enjoying It: Candy Crush and Capitalism.
- » YA roundup – home and away
- » Alternative uses: Coconut oil
- » In conversation with Qaisra Shahraz