Filming for 1920s-era film Genius, starring Colin Firth and Jude Law, begins in Manchester's Northern Quarter and around Sackville Street
- » Celebrate Foundation Day through philanthropy
— To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the foundation of the University of Manchester, students are encouraged to be a part of the legacy of generosity at the university
- » Manchester success at Manchester Evening News Environment Awards
— Student volunteers from the Manchester Leadership Programme helped the British Heart Foundation achieve success in their recycling scheme.
- » Decisive student vote could swing 200 seats
— 197 parliamentary seats have only a 10 per cent majority and a student population large enough to swing the balance of votes
- » Fallowfield Baa Bar brawl leads to road closure
— In the early hours of Sunday morning riot police vans arrived on the scene of a violet fist-fight between two large groups of drinkers outside of the Fallowfield Baa Bar
- » Manchester student speaks at Birmingham University about the legal case of Meriam Ibrahim
— Emily Clarke spoke about the media storm surrounding Meriam Ibrahim's case, and her change.org petition to save her life
- » Dog loving millionaire to donate to dogs’ shelter
— Millionaire LSE student Daria Radionova is set to give 10 per cent of the profit raised from selling her hand encrusted diamond Mercedes to Manchester's dog shelter, following the fire last month.
England’s 2003 World Cup winning legend, and current attacking coach, Mike Catt spoke to The Mancunion's Liam Kelly.
- » Watch out! Fifa fail ethically yet again
— The latest corruption scandal involving Fifa shows how endemic a problem it is.
- » Liveblog: North-West Varsity
— Follow all the action live from the 2014 North-West Varsity 2014.
- » Can’t get into a University team? Don’t sweat!
— There's a whole host of other leagues to get involved in
- » Comment: Nostalgia is a damaging force in football
— Andrew Georgeson discusses the damaging effect of 'arkin back within modern football.
- » There’s more to Manchester than United and City
— Liam Kelly looks ahead to an exciting year of sport in Manchester
- » Comment: UEFA must act soon
— With racism rife in the European game, UEFA and FIFA must make a stand.
Ben Farren criticises Israel as a people, a state, and a force whilst Deepanshi retorts self-defence is an immutable right in the face of terrorism
- » Consumerism is imprisoning us… in bars of freedom.
- » Pigging out
- » Keep your word—”Don’t be Evil”, Google.
- » Facebook may soon promote extremism
Fallowfield, the student of of Manchester has been met with many stories over the years, but some that have never seen the light of day yet.
- » University of Manchester Rumours
- » Changing the Way Feminism Is Defined
- » Interview: Professor Fred Loebinger
- » Interview: Professor Phil Manning
Just moved in with the opposite sex? Kitty Treverton Jones has some advice to avoid arguments
- » Switch Off Social Media
- » Manchester student putting the social in health and fitness
- » Bus Ranters!
Morales delivered a set that perfectly combined classics with more modern hits
- » Club: Ape vs Ram Jam @ Warehouse Project
- » Competition: Win tickets to see Sam Smith, Gorgon City, Labrinth, Ella Eyre and Rixton!
- » Interview: The Menzingers
Sophie Soar reviews the witty novel 'Starter for Ten' by the bestselling author David Nicholls and tells you just why she's glad that protagonist Brian Jackson isn't her flatmate
- » 5 Most Controversial Books
- » This week in literature
- » Azar Nafisi’s The Republic of Imagination: A Case for Fiction