The petition has managed to attract over 240,000 signatures in the space of a few weeks
- » UCAS sells access to students’ personal details to advertisers
— Company reportedly makes millions for selling access to the personal details of university applicants
- » Angry Birds publisher backs Manchester students’ new ‘hype’ app
— App tells people 'most hyped' places to be on a night out
- » University prospectuses sub par says OFT
— The Office of Fair Trading finds no evidence of non-competitive practices at universities, but says they urgently need to improve the quality of information that applicants receive.
- » UMSU General Secretary slams Osborne’s budget
— The People's Assembly held an anti-budget demonstration in the city centre last Wednesday
- » Academics predict ‘voteless recovery’ for the Tories
— Current trends show economic recovery is not translating into public opinion, according to a group of academics blogging on Policy@Manchester
- » Four of the Sussex five let off with cautionary letter
— Despite the large total cost of £32,044 claimed by the university, four of the sussex five will receive an official University of Sussex warning letter and no further reprimand
Andrew Georgeson runs through the hardest football managers
- » Bets over Blade-Runner’s bullets
— Bookies Paddy Power cause online outrage after advertising bets for Oscar Pistorius's trial outcome
- » Should we allow a return to standing in English football stadia?
— YES- Thomas Turner I’m going to start this with a little game of Andrew Georgeson bingo. Get the full house, and the Mancunion Sport will...
- » Olympic dreams dashed for University alumni
— UK Sport withdraw funding for women’s water-polo, jeapordising trio’s Rio hopes
- » Khan he do it?
— Amir Khan has been voted fans’ favourite in an official online poll on who Floyd Mayweather’s next opponent will be
- » 2014: A year of sporting disasters waiting to happen
— Andrew Georgeson looks at the year ahead for sport
- » Water Polo: Making a splash
— Manchester defeat Sheffield Hallam 17-7 in a convincing attacking display
Jenny Sterne explains why the late Labour politician Tony Benn is her political hero...
- » The porn-filter is an affront to the idea of net neutrality
- » We’re all so charitable we ignore the need for charity
- » We need to talk about deadlines
- » GM crops: who controls the grain controls the world
Aussie comic Jim Jefferies talks about settling down, his TV show getting cancelled and getting punched at the Comedy Store
- » Apply to join The Mancunion in 2014/15 – Deadline extended
- » Inside Nightline
- » Interview: Bowel Cancer survivor Mark Davies
- » Interview: i editor Oliver Duff