Research at the University of Manchester and the University of Edinburgh have made recent breakthroughs which may alter the way we treat kidney failure and female infertility
- » ‘Sleepout’ against homelessness to take place this March
— Take action against homelessness and camp out with RAG Manchester
- » Students to re-assert fossil fuel divestment demands
— Three student campaigning groups say "enough is enough"
- » Citizen science project aims to unpick ‘Secrets of Happiness’
— University of Manchester clinical psychologist, Dr Sara Tai, has started a new collaborative project to unpick what happiness is
- » Science around the world
— Jacklin Kwan reports on key contributions to science from around the globe
- » Manchester researchers find Twitter helps understanding of side-effects
— Recent research of over 20 thousand tweets has shown that patients worry the most about less-serious effects of steroid medecines
- » University refuses to compensate students for strikes
— Student petitions for reimbursements have amounted to over 3,000 signatures
Jose Mourinho's side get a key clean sheet away from home
- » More Success for University Swimmers
— Swimmers rise to the challenge at the 2018 BUCS National Championships
- » Premier League to provide free kit and equipment to schools
— The aim of the scheme is to get more 5-11 year-olds taking part in sport.
- » Lukaku bags two as Mourinho takes the bus to Yorkshire
— 'This game is a prime example of why VAR shouldn't be used in competitive games' - The Sun, probably
- » Grigg ends City’s quadruple hopes
— Pep Guardiola’s team exit the FA Cup in the fifth round
- » University football suffers double elimination
— Both the men’s and women’s first exited their respective cups
- » Football and ‘authentocracy’
— Resist them with everything you have
Are you sick of living in expensive, mouldy, damp housing and putting up with dodgy landlords?
- » 0161 Festival: an interview with the founder of Manchester’s anti-fascist festival
- » Welcoming Chinese New Year
- » Stand for freedom: the modern day fight against slavery
- » The 100th anniversary of womens’ suffrage with Baroness Hale
As university work builds up, the possibility of anxiety and stress comes with it. Lucy Wyndham describes how something as simple as a weighted blanket can help your health
- » Creativity and student life: through the eyes of an artist
- » Manchester and the history of HIV/AIDS
- » Have you been a victim of hate crime?
The CFCCA open up a platform for seven emerging and innovative female artists working in China now.
- » The Rusholme Sketcher
- » Hylas and the Nymphs: more than meets the eye
- » Socially engaged art: the feminist genre of change?