A YouGov survey has discovered that 84 per cent of students think their accommodation is harmful to health
- » Female student raped as she walked home through Fallowfield
— The 19-year-old was raped in an alleyway near Whitby Road in Fallowfield at around 3:30am last Saturday, on her way home from a night out
- » NUS refuse to condemn ISIS on grounds of “Islamophobia”
— The NUS has voted down a motion to condemn Islamic state as they fear it had pro-intervention rhetoric and could be considered "Islamophobic"
- » Manchester set to benefit from €24m ‘smart green growth’ fund
— The money will be used to lower carbon emissions and transform the area into a 'smart city'
- » Just six minutes a day can keep stress levels at bay
— Manchester libraries have launched the 'Just Six Minutes' campaign following news from researchers at Mindlab International that reading just six minutes a day can significantly reduce stress levels
- » Manchester fracking plans delayed, environmental assesment deemed inadequate
— Lobby group Friends of the Earth have successfully delayed Trafford Council's plans to permit fracking as the group raised concerns that the council's assessment had not considered environmental and health consequences
- » NHS workers strike over pay
— NHS hospital staff striked last Monday and are threatening further action over outrage that a proposed one per cent increase in pay has been rejected by Government, despite plans for a 10 per cent increase for MPs
England’s 2003 World Cup winning legend, and current attacking coach, Mike Catt spoke to The Mancunion's Liam Kelly.
- » Watch out! Fifa fail ethically yet again
— The latest corruption scandal involving Fifa shows how endemic a problem it is.
- » Liveblog: North-West Varsity
— Follow all the action live from the 2014 North-West Varsity 2014.
- » Can’t get into a University team? Don’t sweat!
— There's a whole host of other leagues to get involved in
- » Comment: Nostalgia is a damaging force in football
— Andrew Georgeson discusses the damaging effect of 'arkin back within modern football.
- » There’s more to Manchester than United and City
— Liam Kelly looks ahead to an exciting year of sport in Manchester
- » Comment: UEFA must act soon
— With racism rife in the European game, UEFA and FIFA must make a stand.
Joe Evans discusses poverty and other essentials for the modern writer
- » Female Student Defence at the university
- » Things you didn’t know about Fallowfield
- » University of Manchester Rumours
- » Changing the Way Feminism Is Defined
All your dates a disaster? A Failure at flirting? Unlucky in love? Don’t worry, you’ll feel like a Don Juan after you've read about these first date horror stories contributor Natalie Silver uncovered
- » Blind Date: Becky and Alex
- » Top tips for living harmoniously with the opposite sex
- » Switch Off Social Media