A man, dressed only in a towel, was used today on Stagecoach buses to promote their new app
- » Cyclist hit by vehicle outside Fallowfield Sainsbury’s
— A cyclist was reportedly hit by a car outside Sainsbury's in Fallowfield
- » Preparations underway for nationwide student rent strikes
— Students and organisations from around the UK joined forces to begin attempts to combat problems with high student rent costs
- » What the future holds
— The Mancunion's resident mystic gives a quick snapshot of what to expect in this coming year of clubbing, making great friends, and finding the perfect hangover cure...
- » Research shows 10 per cent increase in student rent on last year
— New research shows that student rents are continuing to rise despite controversy, with Manchester averaging a 7 per cent increase over the past year
- » Uninsured students left vulnerable
— Students have been found to be twice as likely as other groups of adults to be burgled by Back Me Up
- » Universities attempting to ensure student safety
— Cardiff University have launched a scheme to keep students safe at night during Freshers
Paul Pogba grabbed all the headlines in the summer with his big money move to Manchester United—but has he lived up to expectation?
- » United Player Ratings: Watford vs Manchester United
— Things went from bad to worse for United over the weekend, but who were the heroes and villains for Manchester United?
- » New EFL Trophy hit by #BTeamBoycott
— As the tournament enters its second round next week, the League will hope for fewer empty seats and fan protests
- » Standing up for safe-standing
— West Ham's teething problems at their new ground demonstrate why introducing safe-standing would benefit all supporters
- » Get Involved: Manchester Shotokan Karate Club
— David Brierley talks about the positives of getting involved with karate at the university
- » Who are FC United of Manchester and Salford City?
— While Manchester City and Manchester United battle it out at the top of English football, two other teams in Manchester have a very interesting battle on their hands
- » Get Involved: University of Manchester Gaelic Athletic Club
— Here's your chance to hear more about the Irish tradition of Gaelic football, and how you can get involved with it at university
The debate over the burkini tells us a lot about the treatment of women in the continuing tensions between the 'West' and Islam
- » The burkini: what’s behind it ?
- » It’s time to stop pretending Blairism was a bad thing
- » What the future holds
- » Rethinking pathos in the Calais Camp
Head Features Editor Jacob Nicholas sat down with the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell, to talk about everything from Brexit to building a hotel on campus
- » TEDxUniversityofManchester – Infinite Possibilities
- » “There are a lot of grey walls in this world: Why not paint them?”
- » Win £10,000 for your startup through Venture Further
- » Interview with an astronaut: Don Thomas
Struggling with eating healthy and getting enough nutrition in your diet? Lacey Munroe discusses the pros and cons of various diets in her new eBook, Ways to Eat
- » Have No Fear, Mature Students are here!
- » Dorm Sweet Dorm: Decorating to fight homesickness
- » Homesickness: Top five tips for beating the blues
The runway currently lives in the shadow of fashion's Front Row. Is this the future of fashion? Deputy Fashion Editor Sophie Soar weighs up the pros and cons of the Front Row celebs versus the runway models
- » Fashion Week Season, The Story So Far
- » The “Real” Model
- » The New Age of Fashion? Designers unveil seasonless fashion collections
Roma Havers lists literary events in and around Manchester showcasing the variety and abundance of literary happenings in this wonderful city
- » Books on new beginnings
- » Preview: Notes on a Thesis by Tiphaine Rivière
- » Top 5: book recommendations from your university peers