nihal-tharoor-menon
21st November 2012

Top 5: Movie insults

Nihal introduces his Top 5 insults from films

5. Happy Gilmore – Golfing newcomer Gilmore (Adam Sandler) is confronted by contemptuous pro, Shooter, before the beginning of their tournament.

Shooter: I eat pieces of sh*t like you for breakfast

Gilmore: You eat pieces of sh*t for breakfast?

3. In The Loop – Spin doctor Malcolm Tucker berates government employee Judy Molloy in one of his classic fits of rage.

Malcolm: Allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on your purview and ram it up your sh*tter with a lubricated horse c*ck

3. Reservoir Dogs – Mr. White shouts at Mr. Blonde (Michael Madsen) for acting like a psychopath during their disastrous jewel store heist. Unmoved Mr. Blonde responds.

Blonde: Are you gonna bark all day, little doggy. Or are you gonna bite?

2. Casablanca ­– Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart) American businessman in Nazi occupied Morocco responds to a petty crook who turns up at his bar.

Crook: You despise me don’t you?

Blaine: Well, if I gave you any thought I probably would.

1. In Bruges – Crime-boss Harry (Ralph Fiennes) finds out his top hitman has defected and proceeds to violently batter his phone in a fit of rage. His wife enters.

Wife: It’s an inanimate f**king object

Harry: You’re an inanimate f**king object

Preview: 30th ¡Viva! Festival highlights Spanish culture at HOME Cinema

Delve into the variety of Spanish-language cinema with HOME’s annual ¡Viva! film festival