maddy-hubbard

Mini chocolate cherry tarts

These tarts are a delicious alternative treat to the ubiquitous (and overrated) mince pie
Mini chocolate cherry tarts

Ingredients

• 10 digestives
  • 5 tbsp butter
  • 150g milk chocolate
  • 2 eggs
  • 50g golden caster sugar
  • 2 tbsp flour
  • 1 tub glace cherries
  • 1 tbsp brandy

(Makes 12-14 cupcake sized tarts)

Method

Bash the digestives and add 2 tbsp of melted butter, then press the combined mixture into the base of a cupcake tray, lined with cases. Bake in the oven for 10 mins at 180C.

Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and remaining butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Leave to cool for a minute then vigorously beat in the eggs, followed by the brandy, sugar, flour and a pinch of salt.

Chop up the glace cherries and fill each cupcake case with them, then pour over the chocolate mixture, and bake for 20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.

Leave to cool if you can, although in my kitchen they were all devoured within about ten minutes.

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Don’t miss out on trying Yotel’s new and affordable cocktail supporting LGBTQ+ charity Switchboard this June!
Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Izzy Langhamer takes a look at NAM’s new menu, Vietnamese food at the heart of the city’s food scene
Hello Oriental: Oxford Road’s newest addition

Hannah Wellock reviews Hello Oriental, the new bakery, restaurant and oriental food shop on Oxford Road, part of Circle Square.
Nibble NQ: A bite of joy

Nibble NQ: A bite of joy

Not to be missed, Nibble NQ is a treat for the tastebuds and is proudly female forward