maddy-hubbard
21st September 2013

Banish those hangovers

Gemini (328-330 Oxford Road) Located at Whitworth Park Halls, Gemini Cafe is a favourite of students who are looking for an enormous plate of food for next to no money. It may not win awards for the quality of its ingredients any time soon, but the eggs are always perfectly fried, the bacon crispy and […]

Gemini (328-330 Oxford Road)

Located at Whitworth Park Halls, Gemini Cafe is a favourite of students who are looking for an enormous plate of food for next to no money. It may not win awards for the quality of its ingredients any time soon, but the eggs are always perfectly fried, the bacon crispy and the service friendly. What more could you want?

Coffee House Cafe  (Copson Street)

On a side road in Withington, this greasy spoon is one of my favourite places in Manchester, particularly when hungover. What sets it apart is huge portions, low prices, and most of all the warmth of the welcome of this family run cafe. Regulars, having “the regular”, provide the ideal atmosphere for a bit of people watching while you try to remember the night before.

Fallow (once the Fallowfield Trof)

Legendary for its fry ups, continuing to corner the market in providing a better quality of breakfast. No grey tubes of mystery meat here – the sausages are properly herby and actually taste of pork.

TikTok and Teatox: Why social media is sucking the joy out of food

From ‘What I Eat in a Day’ videos to fad diet trends, social media’s rampant championing of toxic diet culture needs to stop

Margarita Month at Zouk: All style, less substance

Zouk is offering a trio of Margaritas this February to celebrate Margarita Month; yet it seems like all the thought was put into presentation, and less into the drink itself

Flight Club: Margarita Month with a twist

We headed to Flight Club to try their special cocktails in honour of Margarita Month, from Mango Margs to Spicy Picantes

The concept of small plate dining

Tapas, dim sum, chaat, meze, banchan and more!