andriana-hambi

Top 5 Evil Blondes

You might be under the impression that blondes have the most fun. Well, whilst they might be having the most fun, Cinema indicates they often cause the most trouble. Forget Thor and Luke Skywalker. From slimy Slytherins to homoerotic Dench-killers, slick golden locks can mean trouble…

1. Alex Forrest – Fatal Attraction (1987)

She takes the phrase ‘bitches be crazy’ to a whole new level. In probably the most effective anti-adultery campaign ever launched, Glenn Close plays an obsessive, determined mistress, who’ll stop at no lengths to get her man. Under different circumstances, this might have made a good romantic comedy. Perhaps without the bunny boiling.

2. Debbie ‘Black Widow’ Jellinsky  – The Addams Family Values (1993)

Gold digger, murderer; call her what you want. She is pure, meaningless evil in the form of Joan Cusack. If you haven’t seen this film in a long time re-watch it and you’ll be amazed at how funny it is.

3. Buffalo Bill – The Silence of the Lambs (1991)

Of all movie serial killers you could be imprisoned by, he might just be the worst. You can’t be a serial killer without a sufficient level of creepiness, and this guys got it in abundance.

4. Draco Malfoy – Harry Potter (2001-11)

Not in any way inherently evil. He shouldn’t even be on this list, but it would not be complete without him. Magic or not, Draco is your stereotypical high school bully who dabbles in the dark arts. Who doesn’t love a good bully? He’s the magic version of Karate Kids blonde villain Johnny Lawrence; a true case for nature vs. nurture.

Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter’s blonde nemesis

5. Silva – Skyfall (2012)

I was one of the few unimpressed by Javier Bardem’s caricaturish portrayal of a Bond villain. He seemed as though all he needed was a little persuasion and he would have abandoned his evil plan. His blonde wig was the most villainous thing about him.

An evening at the Dune: Part Two world premiere

Prepare to return to Arrakis as Dune: Part Two held its world premiere in London, as expected it featured its A-list cast, fans, and of course, lots of sand

An evening with CULTPLEX

This weekend I paid a visit to CULTPLEX, a small cult cinema hidden above a restaurant on Manchester’s Red Bank, and this is why you should go too

The Promised Land review: Man on the moor

This rugged tale of Danish frontier settlement is also a story of struggle – against the land, entrenched hierarchies, and within oneself

Opinion: Every Best Picture winner of the 21st century, ranked from worst to best

With the 96th Academy Awards looming, let’s look back at this century’s winners of the big grand prize of Best Picture