• Fallowfield Freshers: your local guide to the best restaurants to visit with a hangover

daisy-tolcher

Fallowfield Freshers: your local guide to the best restaurants to visit with a hangover

Whilst the morning after a big night out is likely to be shaped by a hammering headache and acute memory loss, this pick of the best hangover hotspots in Fallowfield will guide you to recovery

The Friendship Inn £

This pub is based in the heart of Fallowfield and is perfect for providing a ‘hair of the dog’ remedy for your hangover. Whilst it is better known for selling cheap pints, the Friendship Inn also serves a wide and affordable range of food. Dishes include hot wings, burgers and classic pub grub. However it is their range of pizzas and calzones which really make the visit worthwhile!

Recommendation: ‘The American’ Stone-Baked Pizza £6.95 / Veg: ‘The Veggie Mighty’ Stone-Baked Pizza £5.95

Photo Credit: Adam Bruderer
Photo: Adam Bruderer @ Flikr

Dosa Xpress £

Although it is situated just outside of Fallowfield, Dosa Xpress is well worth the five minute bus ride into neighbouring Withington. Whilst this intimately understated restaurant specialises in dosas — essentially a south Indian ‘crepe’ — it also serves a wide array of vegetarian curries and other traditional dishes. Expect to enjoy a main and sides for less than ten pounds.

Recommendation: Chicken Masala Dosa £5.99 / Veg: Spring Dosa £4.99

Photo Credit: ironypoisoning https://www.flickr.com/photos/ironypoisoning/13040792475
Photo: ironypoisoning @ Flikr

Revolution £

Who says the weekend has to end on a Sunday? For those of you starting the week as you intend to go on, a meal at ‘revs’ is a good solution for that Monday hangover – with 50 per cent off selected food all day. This offer includes their range of burgers, pizzas and sandwiches, which you can pair with a drink from their vast cocktail list.

Recommendation: Brooklyn Chicken Burger £ 4.80 (with deal) / Veg: Halloumi Fish and Chips £4.90 (with deal).

The Fallow ££

This restaurant serves food every day from 9:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m., which makes it the perfect spot to cure that delayed hangover. The menu changes seasonally and includes brunches, burgers and sharing platters, to name just a few. Whilst the portions are a little on the small side, the prices won’t break the bank!

Recommendation: Philly Cheese Steak Ciabatta £9 / Veg: Middle Eastern Sharing Platter (feeds two) £12.50

The Font ££

Positioned directly opposite the Fallowfield campus and with prices well-situated in a student’s budget, you cannot go wrong with this restaurant/cocktail bar. Serving a variety of dishes from big burgers to even bigger fry ups, the Font never fails to be generous with its portion sizes.

Recommendation: Full Fry up £7 / Veg: Harissa Roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Flatbread £6.50

Teenager murders 19 children in Texas School Shooting

On Robb Elemetary’s last day before summer break, a teenage gunman entered the school, murdering 14 children and one teacher.