catrinstewart

Restaurant review: San Carlo Manchester

San Carlo is known to be one of Manchester’s high-class celebrity favourite restaurants. The food is classic Italian, the menu extensive, and the atmosphere lively. But don’t be put off by the prices or star-studded clientele. Whilst it is busy pretty much every day of the week, you’ll find yourself surrounded by all manner of […]
Restaurant review: San Carlo Manchester
Photo: The Mancunion

San Carlo is known to be one of Manchester’s high-class celebrity favourite restaurants. The food is classic Italian, the menu extensive, and the atmosphere lively. But don’t be put off by the prices or star-studded clientele. Whilst it is busy pretty much every day of the week, you’ll find yourself surrounded by all manner of guests – from families with young children to sophisticated date nights or business meetings.

My most recent trip to San Carlo was for an anniversary. Whilst every course was delicious, the standout dishes were the fresh pasta lobster ravioli and the mille feuille dessert which was recommended by our waiter. Although, with the restaurant being so busy, we had to wait half an hour for our table, we passed the time quickly in the bar. It still feels part of the restaurant, and the staff made up for the delay with their impeccable service.

At San Carlo, the evening is what you make it – most classic Italian dishes are reasonably priced, but still retain the top quality. If you fancy it you can splash out on the truffle gnocchi (a personal favourite), but order a pizza and a glass of house wine instead and you have a meal that can be enjoyed by anyone – student budget included.

The extensive menu, incredibly friendly staff and large volume of guests means there is something for everyone at San Carlo. This is what makes this award winning, chic restaurant perfect for a meal with your family or friends. Wear and eat what you want, but the evening will always be special.

Keep this place in mind for a farewell meal after moving in to your flat, or a place to go if your family visit. Guaranteed, there will be something for everyone to enjoy, and it will make any event into an occasion.

The Manchester Coffee Festival run-down

Manchester is a city of many things, including great coffee. We scouted out the industry’s best beans and brewers at the Manchester Coffee Festival

The Negroni Sbagliato: Is it really that stunning?

Does the ‘House of the Dragon’ star Emma D’Arcy’s favourite drink stand up to the hype? We give it a sip with a student stir

Behold the Bottomless Feast at Red’s True BBQ

Get legless and stuffed, at Red’s True Barbecue’s festive Bottomless Feast with both Meat-Lover and Meat-Free platters on offer!

Soy to the World! The Vegan Christmas Markets are here

A review of the Northern Vegan Christmas Markets that brought environmentally and animal-friendly festive cheer to all visitors