29th October 2021
Man-creep-ian Halloween Quiz
By Katie Bray
Katie Bray gives you a short horror movie quiz to get you in the mood for the Halloween season.
As Halloween gets closer, our screens are once again being filled with spine-chilling horror films.
What better way to celebrate than with a ghoulish movie quiz? Whether you love old school slashers or spooky animations, grab your popcorn and enjoy a spooky horror themed quiz.
- What is the name of the final girl played by Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween?
- Which horror villain wears sharp gloves and attacks people in their sleep?
- What phrase gets you sweets on halloween?
- What is the famous catchphrase of the Jigsaw killer?
- Which Tim Burton classic takes place across both Halloween and Christmas?
- What movie and game franchise features the location ‘Racoon City’?
- Can you name three famous vampires?
- What does Victor Frankenstein shout as he creates his monster (in the movies)?
- In which movie does a little boy see dead people?
- Which movie features a boat named the S.S. Georgie?
- What is the name of the tall, blank-faced man originating from creepy pasta?
- Can you name the Stephen King classic, where a famous writer is paralysed in a mad woman’s house?
- Which movie features a girl who iconically crawls through televisions?
- From what movie does the quote “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy” appear in?
- What is the name of the ‘friendly ghost’ featured in movies and cartoons?
- What is the fictional US day in which all crimes are legal?
- What is the name of the villains in Hellraiser, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Psycho?
- Which famous cannibal did Anthony Hopkins expertly play?
- Which movie features a goofy gang of mystery solving teens and their talking pooch?
- What is the name of the famous possessed doll, also seen in The Conjuring franchise?
- Laurie Strode
- Freddy Krueger
- Trick or Treat
- ‘I want to play a game’
- Nightmare before Christmas
- Resident Evil
- Examples include: Dracula, Edward Cullen, Blade, Marceline and so on.
- ‘It’s alive! It’s alive!’
- Sixth Sense
- Slender Man
- The Ring
- The Shining
- The Purge
- Pinhead, Leatherface and Norman Bates
- Hannibal Lecter
- Scooby Doo
Interview with Luke Davies from Polari
The Mancunion spoke with Luke Davies head of Polari, a queer production company based in Manchester about Queer representation, the art of filmmaking, and untold stories.
Shazam! Fury of the Gods review: Superhero sequel gets sidetracked
Shazam! Fury of the Gods is a feel-good film which falls short of its forerunner
The Untold Stories of Black Women: A Thousand and One Review
A. V. Rockwell shows the importance of supporting Black women in Sundance Prize winning feature debut: A Thousand and One
Evil Dead Rise review: Mommy’s with the maggots now
Sam Raimi updates the Evil Dead franchise with the gruesomely amazing Evil Dead Rise. From its effects, to makeup and its in-the-moment plot, this film will keep you immersed.