charlie-spargo

Manchester travel deals

Manchester’s travel network is great—but it can be expensive. Here’s some advice on keeping your travel costs down when you start your university journey

With all the penny-pinching in food shopping and pint finding when you start university, it’s often easy to forget that travelling can set you back a serious amount too. Even with Manchester’s Magic Buses trundling up and down Oxford Road at all hours of day and night at an amazing £1 a journey, travel costs can really build up. If you’ve travelled from a long way away to move to Mancheter, a trip back to visit your parents will cost a seriously steep amount. Also, when you and your housemates stumble out of a club at 4am and can’t quite retrace your steps back to the bus stop you got off at, flagging a black cab down off the street can turn a cheap night out into a pretty expensive one.

However, there are some solutions:

[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”6″ gal_title=”Student travel”]

No problem too big or small

The Advice Services here at The University of Manchester speak about settling into university life, and where you can find help if you need it.

Manchester’s Alternative Freshers: Bars, Pubs and Nights Out

We all want to have a great freshers week, but there can come a time when the list of nights in Tiger Tiger and Fifth seem endless. We’ve put together a list of 10 nights out that are guaranteed to add some variation to your partying schedule and help you get closer to your new […]

Recipe: Beef Wellington with a Steak Diane sauce

A sexy beef welly recipe to treat your housemates to some proper winter grub

Live review: Jordan Rakei

A methodological approach to disappointment